Job Title: Product Manager (Cash and Credit)
Reports to: Head of Product
We are on a mission to simplify and scale the operations of small and medium-sized businesses in Africa. Our product managers are expected to have a keen understanding of the problems of our target users and drive the execution of the solutions to those problems.
As the Cash and Credit PM, you will manage the digital payments products that will drive engagement and retention potential across multiple channels (online and offline) as we scale.
● Ensure that there is a consistent and reportable routine for gathering user feedback and insights to derive valuable initiatives for continuous engagement.
● Work with cross-functional teams to unlock the inherent value in our customer engagement initiatives.
● Work in an agile environment and collaborate with highly skilled engineers and designers to ideate, test, build and acquire an in-depth understanding of the most valuable engagement and retention levers for our customers.
● Ensure that there is a clear go-to-market strategy for your product initiatives.
● Ensure that there are trackable engagement KPIs to objectively assess the impact of all feature/product launches.
● Consistently drive the strategic planning and vision of your products and initiatives
● Ensure the timely execution of your product priorities for each initiative cycle (e.g., weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc.)
● Support your proposals and execution plan with data-driven insights
● Create detailed product specifications and roadmaps for gaining business and technical alignment
● Communicate with engineering and design teams to ensure the most seamless user experience possible
● Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Economics or related discipline
● 3-4 years end-to-end product management experience building products with repeat usage.
● Working knowledge and understanding of programming technologies (front-end and back-end tech stacks)
● Experience with 3rd party integrations and API development
● Working knowledge and understanding of agile development methodologies
● Experience with reporting and analytics tools (e.g. Mixpanel, Google sheets, Microsoft Excel, Power BI)
● Experience with product management and design tools (e.g. JIRA, Confluence, UXPin, Figma)
● Standard industry certifications (e.g. SAFe Agile Product Owner, CSPO, PSPO, PMP, CBAP, etc) will be an added advantage
● Intrinsically motivated by the mission of the business
● Result-orientated, and pragmatic with quantitative and analytical ability and attention to detail
● Driven, independent thinker and leader who can juggle multiple projects simultaneously with fast-changing priorities
● High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency.
● A focus on execution. Willing and able to get hands dirty.
● Flexibility to roll up your sleeves and attack problems and projects as they arise, where you will need to set out a clear structure, method and outcomes yourself
Qualified and interested candidates should send their cv to [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail.